My very first biscornu!

I am able to share with you now some pics of my very first attempt at a biscornu pincushion. I chose this lovely Celtic laced hearts design from the Gift of Stitching magazine. It was very complicated to stitch as I kept losing track so there was an awful lot of frogging (unpicking) going on but I got there in the end.

 The making up of the biscornu was a lot easier than I expected, I used some gold twist thread that I had in my stash for the edging and tassels which worked well with the gold flecked Aida fabric.

The finished design before adding bead
The finished design before adding bead
Side view before bead and braid edging
Side view before bead and braid edging
The finished article - top view
The finished article - top view
The finished article - side view
The finished article - side view

I am very pleased with the end result . Would love to make more biscornus if I have the time – just need that knitting pattern for making an extra day – if anyone finds it please let me know!